Can you die from mold exposure?
Mold can cause death. But don’t freak out. Fortunately, it is very unlikely you’ll die if you have mold in your home. However, it’s a serious health issue to live in a home with mold exposure.
Is it dangerous to breathe in mold?
According to mold industry research, 93% of chronic sinus infections have been attributed to mold (wow, that’s a lot). The air we breathe plays a vital role in our health and wellness. While you may not die from sleeping in a hotel room with mold, it can cause a number of health-related issues.
What can breathing in mold do?
Breathing in mold is dangerous and can cause sinusitis, dry cough, skin rashes, wheezing, runny or congested nose, watery and red eyes.
How do you know if mold is making you sick?
You’ll know if mold is making you sick if you are struggling with chronic sinus infections. 9 out of 10 people with chronic sinusitis are breathing in mold.
What type of cancer does mold cause?
Mold causes a lot of health problems. While mold usually causes breathing issues like allergies and asthma, there’s a small chance mold can cause cancer. The way it can cause cancer is through the lungs. Mold causes pulmonary fibrosis (PF), or scarring in your lungs, and long-term PF increases your chances of lung cancer. If you’ve got mold, hire a company to remove your mold immediately.