Mold, Ugh: How Do You Treat Mold In A House (Not What You Think)

If you have minimal amounts of mold, you can try scrubbing the surface mold. Mix bleach and water. Use 1 quart water and 1/2 cup bleach mold cleaner. Use a soft brush and scrub your walls or wood trim. After you treat the mold, allow the bleach solution to dry continue to penetrate the surfaces. With a vacuum cleaner, make sure you remove the spores after you’ve treated them in your house.

Is it safe to stay in a house with mold?

Mold can have serious health consequences. While dying from mold is extremely unlikely, there have been connections drawn between mold and lung cancer. Do you struggle with allergies? In many cases of chronic sinusitis, mold is to blame. Make sure to be proactive about protecting and preventing mold in your home or business.

Is bleach or vinegar better to treat mold?

We find bleach mold cleaner mixed with water is better to treat mold. As we mentioned above, mix 1 qt water with 1/2 cup of bleach mold cleaner. Make sure to use a soft brush to scrub the bleach solution onto the surface where you find the mold. Also, let the cleaned surface penetrate the surface and dry.

How long does it take to get rid of mold in house?

The mold removal solutions we offer our customers at Ravel safely remove mold infestation from a business or house. For people trying to rid their mold on their own, the typical amount of time it takes for the mold to be removed can be as long as a week. The time it takes to get rid of mold also depends on where the mold is growing and the types of materials it grows on.

Does mold dry out and die?

Mold never truly dies because mold spores never die. In fact, mold can begin to grow and multiply again if new moisture becomes available. Mold will begin to grow in 24 to 48 hours. If mold is dry and powdery, you can easily brush off the surface. Keep in mind that inactive mold can easily become active if the right environment arises. If mold becomes active, it’s likely to stain areas in your home or office. This can be permanent. Therefore, it’s crucial you prevent mold. Not sure if you have mold? Check this out: What Are The Signs Of Mold.